Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday October 11th: Rainy Day Ride

25 miles
Bike and Rain

I rode around in the rain today. It was cold and rainy (around 42 degrees) but everyone in my house was practising music and I was starting to feel stir crazy, so I put on 4 layers on top, 2 layers on bottom and headed out on the road. I bought a pair of cold weather bike pants (Novara headwind pants) at REI's sale last week, they performed wonderfully. I just had those and a pair of long john bottoms and I didn't feel the cold or rain. On top I wore a raincoat and wool jersey (which I bought at New Belgiums' Tour de fat.

It was a fun ride, I enjoyed myself and other than a couple joggers, I had the bike trail to myself. Another tip of the hat to my new Miyata Six Ten. I've always been a bit hesitant to ride in the rain, but today was a sweet time, the 700x32 tires held the road wonderfully. And when I got home there was a warm bowl of Cream of butternut Squash soup waiting for me.
Rainy Bike Ride

No comments: