Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Sept 26: Getting Lost on Clear Creek Trail

the New Miyata Six-ten
I rode my new 22 yr old bike, its a 1986 Miyata Six-ten

45 miles
This has to be the least marked trail, with the most forking paths that I've ever taken. I met a couple who was also lost, they had biked down from Arvada and were calling their son at a cross roads, to ask him which fork to take.

I took the Platte Trail up from confluence park to the Clear Creek Trail turn off. The Platte trail during this leg is smelly and very industrial. There is a wide gamut of smells from Purina Dog Chow processing, to waste water management to Horse stable stink: bring a lavander scented handkerchief. (I did bring a bandana but it was unfortunately not scented, perhaps I will try that next time.) After you ride past the first 5 miles of the CC trail, it begins to become tree lined and pretty, next time I will take pictures, the falling yellow leaves were pretty and a bit seasonally wistful, that part of the ride made the Platte section worthwhile.

I didn't make it all the way to Golden, which was my goal, I just made it past the Wheat Ridge rec center, after which I lost the trail for the last time and decided to turn back home as the sky had been promising rain all afternoon.

No comments: