Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Sept 21: Chatfield-west C470-Bear Creek

C470 bike trail
View from W. C470 trail

55 miles
Yesterday I explored another good trail: the West C470 trail. I biked down the Platte River trail to Chatfield and then biked under C470 and took a wrong turn onto the abominable Columbine trail. (Ugh.) Then doubled back and found the C470 trail, which granted, yes, parallel'd C470 up a 100 feet, but the views of the hogbacks were spectacular, I had a grin on my face the entire time I was on C470 or Bear Creek. Then as the trail approached BCLP, I saw the home depot that I could see from my old camp site at BCLP a week ago. I bike passed it and was at the South end of Bear Creek Lake Park, which is a beautiful entrance.
Bear Creek Lake Park from c470 bike trail entrance
the winding road into Bear Creek Lake State Park

Then I pedalled through BC, had a bit of a snack and then decided not to ride up over Dinosaur Ridge (55 miles would be enough today). I rode back through BCLP, saw a motorcycle with a couple kids driving through the bike trail of the park (I gave them a stern old-man-on-bike look, which no doubt made their ride worthwhile.) It rained a bit, just enough to muddy up the bike, and I had this view with Prairie flowers leaving Bear Creek.
Flowers on the Bear Creek Bike Trail

Beautiful ride, I can't wait to ride it again!

No comments: